Date: January 31, 2012
Time: 11:38 am
The courts have held that lists of email addresses contained in an employer’s email system are databases for the purposes of the regulations. But it is far from certain that LinkedIn contacts, held on a third party server and not backed up by the employer, would be ‘databases’ under the regulations. If they aren’t, employees could potentially retain LinkedIn contacts for their own benefit post-employment.
Date: January 30, 2012
Time: 4:27 pm
The January serving of Hotpot for Hotshots went down a storm with the record breaking 110 delegates in attendance.
Buy one, get one free saw new faces sample what was on offer, and the feedback was that it was very much to their taste – as you can see from the photos http://hotpotforhotshots.co.uk/category/gallery/. And of course the Hotpot stalwarts had a great time too!
Thanks go to our superb speakers, who entertained and informed. Ian Liddle of Farleys cast his legal eagle eye over what to expect in 2012. David Smith of McDade Roberts gave some quick fire tips on avoiding the wrong tax bill – always useful. And Keith Collinge of Copifax advised all attending to be wary of the copier sharks!
A sweet accompaniment to our savoury hotpot was provided by Simply Chocolicious, with delegates munching their way through a hotpot chocolate lollipop as they left.
The next serving of hotpots will be upon us before you know it, so be sure to save the date: 20 April. Why not just book now – click here
If you’re interested in a speaking slot, email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you all at the next one!
Date: January 26, 2012
Time: 3:40 pm
This event is aimed at employers and to encourage business to consider taking on an Apprentices as part of the 100 day challenge. It will demonstrate the value of apprentices in the workplace, whilst highlighting the bottom-line benefits to your business. By the end of the session you will know how you can access training for new or existing staff.
Speakers are now confirmed for the launch of the 100 in 100 campaign for Darwen. If you not already registered for your place for the event find out how apprentices can help your business then please confirm your place with Natalie.Fenton@parliament.uk
Thursday 2nd February 2012, Darwen Aldridge Community Academy (DACAR) Sudell Rd Darwen BB3 3HD 5.30-7.00pm
- 17.30: Arrival with light refreshments
- 18:10 Official Launch of the campaign; Jake Berry, MP for Rossendale and Darwen
- 18:10: Employer Perspective; Kris Mercer and Peter Roberts, WEC Group
- 18:20: The Apprentices; How Apprenticeships helped my career
- 18:30 How to Access Apprenticeships; Paula Gibson, National Apprenticeship Service
- 18:40 Questions and Answers to the Panel
- 19:00 Networking and Close
Date: January 25, 2012
Time: 8:36 am
The Egyptian-British Chamber of Commerce and Egyptian Consulate in London are closed on Wednesday 25 January 2012 on the occasion of Egypt’s national holiday, 25th January 2012 Revolution Day. The trade documentation process will resume normally on Thursday 26th January 2012.
Date: January 24, 2012
Time: 4:16 pm
The HSE are asking for views on the proposals to revoke seven Statutory Instruments, that have been identified as being redundant or that have been overtaken by more up to date Regulations.
The consultation document can be found by clicking here
Responses are required by 12 March 2012.
The legislation proposed for removal is the:
- Anthrax Prevention Order 1971 etc (Revocation) Regulations 2005
- Employment Medical Advisory Service (Factories Act Orders etc Amendment) Order 1973
- Health and Safety (Foundries etc) (Metrication) Regulations 1981
- Non-ferrous Metals (Melting and Founding) Regulations 1962
- Pottery (Health and Welfare) Special Regulations 1950
- Pottery (Health etc) (Metrication) Regulations 1982
- Regulations for use of locomotives and waggons on lines and sidings in or used in connection with premises under the Factory and Workshop Act 1901 (1906 No.679)