Date: April 2, 2013
Time: 11:00 am
The Lancashire Growth Hub intends to commission an event management company to assist in the delivery of a series of 12 breakfast seminars held at locations throughout Lancashire. The events will be held monthly between April 2013 & March 2014.
The Lancashire Growth Hub is branded Boost Business Lancashire and is a new service designed to bring together, a range of new and existing business support products that will assist Lancashire companies in realising and optimising their growth ambitions.
The service offer is primarily aimed at existing companies with a determined and ambitious desire to grow, although there is also provision for start-up and new businesses looking to expand rapidly.
Lancashire County Council is the accountable body for the Lancashire Growth Hub working with local partner organisations including Regenerate, UCLAN and Lancaster University. Regenerate is an economic development company wholly owned by 5 councils of Pennine Lancashire plus Lancashire County Council. Regenerate will commission the event management company on behalf of the Lancashire Growth Hub.
This work will be part of the Boost Gateway Service, jointly funded by European Regional Development Fund and Lancashire County Council, and will operate alongside the Boost Central Marketing Service.
The aims of these events is to inform businesses of the potential opportunities stemming from a wide range of innovative growth subjects with a view to providing them with further in depth support on a one to one basis from one of the Growth Hub services. Regenerate has a successful track record of delivering this type of support and events programme over the whole of the county of Lancashire. See our website for examples of support and previous events – www.regeneratepl.co.uk
• One event each month, typically on the last Thursday of the month (Christmas week excepted)
• One key topic per event with a specialist guest speaker. (sourced locally where possible)
• Breakfast event format running 8.30am to 10.30am
• Target of at least 30 attendees per event, up to 100 depending upon individual venue capacity and registrations
The aim is to hold an event in most of the Lancashire borough areas during the year, covering a range of innovative topics. To see a list of previous events, see; http://www.regeneratepl.co.uk/business/business-events/event-downloads/
The Lancashire Growth Hub will have a wider remit than the previous schedule to cover a variety of business growth subjects. The programme of events will be agreed in advance on a 3 months schedule.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Event Partner Role
1. Assist in developing an events calendar
2. Work with Regenerate to the identify & confirm suitable topics and speakers
3. Identify suitable Lancashire venues
4. Following agreement with Regenerate, book venues and catering refreshments. Refreshments include tea, coffee, soft drinks and breakfast options such as bacon sandwiches, pastries and vegetarian alternatives. The event partner is responsible for the costs of venue hire, refreshments, and speaker expenses. Out of pocket expenses not usually covered. These should be factored into the event partners fixed price per event quotation.
5. The supplier must have access to a marketing database for businesses based in Lancashire that can be segmented across business types. Because of the nature of the planned events the supplier must have demonstrable experience in manufacturing and business processes event organisation. This will include liaison with local and North West Universities.
6. The supplier will be required to provide marketing support through a usable e-mail campaign marketing process in support of the Lancashire Growth Hub and Regenerate e-mail process.
7. Provide venue details, event descriptions, timings to us for inclusion in our e-mails and web site. You should create an event e-mail from your own e-mail database which may include other agencies, councils, chambers of commerce for onward distribution.
8. Design and print event invitations (computer printable files only). You (the supplier) will be required to print and distribute as requested. (Formal printing is not required). We will also use these files to print invitations for our own use.
9. Speaker liaison in the run up to the event, directions, timing, expenses etc.
10. Create delegate pack information which would include an event programme, a feedback form and an invitation to the next event for the numbers provided by Regenerate.
11. Attend each event, manage speakers, venue logistics, assist with reception desk, and liaison with participating partners e.g. stand setups, display of literature etc.
12. Confirm that the venue has appropriate public liability insurance
Regenerate Pennine Lancashire Role
1. Manage registration and event joining instructions in response to promotional activities
2. Upload of event details to the Regenerate web site www.regeneratepl.co.uk and the Lancashire Growth Hub website www.boostbusinesslancashire.co.uk
3. Promotion of event within the Lancashire Growth Hub and Regenerate e-newsletters
4. Assist event partner with on the day reception & registration as required
5. Act as the host for all events including housekeeping/health & safety introduction
6. Provision of event feedback information to the event partner. A two way review of each event will take place to ensure continuous improvement.
7. Regenerate has public liability insurance for its own staff and event delegates will be covered by the venue insurance
Regenerate requires a fixed price per event quotation for a series of 12 events. The fixed price per event figure should incorporate the event partner’s costs, profit margin, venue expenses (including refreshments), and insurance cover and speaker expenses. Speakers are not normally paid a fee to speak but their expenses are covered. Any exceptional costs, e.g. a fee for a particularly well regarded speaker, will be discussed individually and agreed by Regenerate outside the scope of this arrangement.
Regenerate reserves the right to cancel the agreement with the provision of one month written notice, in the event of unsatisfactory performance by the event partner further to the event partner being made aware of any such concerns in writing and having failed to address the issues in the lead up to or delivery of the next event.
Quotations should be received at the Regenerate Pennine Lancashire Office by noon on Friday 5th April 2013.
Any questions in respect of this request for quotation should be addressed to Jill Hetherington at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quotes should be marked Event Management Tender and returned to:
Regenerate Pennine Lancashire Ltd
The Globe Centre